Monday, January 16, 2012

GREATER LONGINGS

It has been easy, finding myself suddenly hit with pain and suffering in my body, to long deeply and with many tears and groanings (really), for healing and deliverance. To be given my life back and have things return to normal has a consuming thought, prayer, and longing. But as the days have turned into weeks, and the weeks turned into months, (like many other's journeys, mine hasn't even turned into years yet) the Lord has found opportunity to purify my longings. Many have walked this way before and have wise words of encouragement to help.

 Lord, increase my longing for You. You long to show compassion to me, Your word says. Grant me longings to pray for Your word and truth to spread to all around the earth. Longings for the poor and hurting to find Your sufficiency and healing. For Your people to be zealous for You and Your word. Longings to reflect Your glory, as You reign in me Holy Spirit. Change my heart. And heal my body as You see fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment