Thursday, January 19, 2012

MAGNIFY....

My friend Kathy shared a devotion with me that I am thinking about....

Oh, magnify the Lord with me.....Fix your eyes on Jesus....If you seek me, you will find me, if you seek me with all your heart....

What I look at will be what my heart seeks. When I magnify the Lord, (as in a magnifying glass), it enlarges the view of my God in my eyes. As I tell myself and Him what I love about Him, as I think about my Savior and all He's done for me, He becomes greater in my eyes and heart and I become smaller. As John the Baptist said about Jesus, "He must become greater, I must become smaller." It was time for God's people to have a single focus, and it's time for me to have a single focus too.

Lord, help me fix my eyes on Jesus, intentionally magnifying Him and looking away from myself and onto Him. Especially when I hurt and am confused about increasing issues, I choose to look at You and worship...

No comments:

Post a Comment