Thursday, March 8, 2012

QUALIFIED FOR WHAT?

Col 1:12 "...giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in light."

Qualified.....to get the job, to get into a program, to do the task, to enter the competition.

I've been qualified to do a few things in my life. I won a school position in 7th grade I was seen as qualified for. Well, maybe throwing candy to the younger children could have been part of it. I was qualified somehow to go to college and to graduate, despite myself. Jumping ahead some years, I became qualified to teach children and teens, to mentor girls, to coach women.

But qualified to share in the inheritance of the saints in light.....me? I know in myself I am NOT qualified for this, I'm not worthy to receive this qualification. I don't deserve it one bit. For its true, I was once walking in the kingdom of darkness, deserving the just wrath of God for my sin, especially that of denying and rejecting Jesus over and over until His day of grace for me at 25.

Yet, the matter is settled in Jesus Himself, not in me. I am mercifully qualified....."HE has transferred you from the domain of darkness ----- to the kingdom of His beloved Son, in Whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins."

I praise You Father for transferring Your daughters and sons, including me, out of darkness, a deep darkness we can't comprehend, and into the kingdom of light. For You are the light of the world Jesus. Your redemption makes me speechless. Your forgiveness fills me with gratitude. 

1 comment: