Tuesday, March 13, 2012

STILL WAITING

I am still waiting. As time goes on, I am tempted to become frightened that this new diagnosis by Dr. Silva is inaccurate. Although I am way, way better, and my painful right shoulder and arm are at about 90% up from 10, when I wake up in the morning with my sore hands in the morning and a new knuckle a little puffy, when my wrists are weak when I pick something up, I'm tempted to....freak out. Freak out that the horror of pain and disability I previously experienced is going to come back and be a reality in me and our lives (this is not an individual game...Greg is in it for the long haul too). Freak out that I won't have the life, the rest of my life, that I desire - and long for. Freak out that I won't be able to swoop up my grand babies and wrap my arms around my husband as I desire without pain.

And then Jesus talks to me, as He does through devotionals and His word and people and His Spirit in me. This morning He rested my soul with the words from Jesus Calling and Scripture, reminding me that in this world, I will have trouble. But to take heart, He has overcome the world. To abide in the vine, to remain in His love.

Learn to live above your circumstances. This requires focused time with Me, the One Who overcame the world. Trouble and distress are woven into the very fabric of this perishing world. Only My life in you can empower you to face this endless flow of problems with good cheer. As you sit quietly in My Presence, I shine peace into your troubled mind and heart. Little by little, you are freed from earthly shackles and lifted up above your circumstances. You gain My perspective on your life, enabling you to distinguish between what's important and what is not. Rest in My presence, receiving joy that no one can take away from you."

No comments:

Post a Comment