Saturday, March 3, 2012

TOXICICITY

I woke up a few nights ago with a headache, that remained in the morning.  My Salem out-of-the-box Dr. said a headache is probably my indication that I'm breathing toxic air, since my nose doesn't work very well. She wants me to "cook" our house a few times to get rid of the paint and other toxic fumes trapped within our well-insulated walls, but that will happen next week. Maybe I'm just getting a cold and have a headache to start it off. I don't know.

Being healthy enough to serve Jesus and therefore others on this earth is important. But even more so is to have a healthy heart.

"Do not make an idol or set up an image or a sacred stone for yourself....I am the LORD your God." Lev. 26:1

What toxins are IN ME? What have I placed or invited and then allowed to remain on the walls of my heart and mind that continually leach poison into my emotions and thinking? As I study and research options to get well in a healthy manner, if possible, am I setting myself up as #1 in my life? Not on purpose, but slowly rolling long stripes of self-focus that disallows fixing my eyes on Jesus?

May I please Lord learn to say more and more and more, "Thank You, Jesus, for this opportunity to trust You more." 

Jesus Calling, March 1: "Though the lessons of trust I send to you come wrapped in difficulties, the benefits far outweigh the costs....I have promised to keep you in perfect peace to the extent that you trust in Me."  ('You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in You. Trust in the Lord always, for the Lord God is the eternal Rock.')

No comments:

Post a Comment